Well this weekend was another crazy weekend! Rebecca's final competition before the championships was this past Saturday in Madera. I, of course, do her makeup everytime now. If the other girls do it, she looks horrible. She gets compliments on her makeup when I do it. She had their last regular season football game last Friday, so she got home aroun 11pm. Then had to be up at 8 to be a practice at 9. Richard had to go put the sponsors names on the back of the semi trailer. I went down there a little while later. At 11 we had to pick up Katie for her first overnight visit.
Rebecca's practice was over at 12, so we rushed her home, so she could shower and get ready to go. They were leaving at 4. Richard and I threw chairs in the van, and headed to Costco on Shaw and 99. We had to pick up 28 pizzas for the Juniors, Sophmore and Freshman band members. The Seniors were getting a fancy dinner for Senior night. We got there just as the buses were pulling up to Madera High School. The kids got hot pizza!
The kids performed at 9:10 pm. So we had to wait with all the stuff until 10:00. They won Sweepstakes, which is the grand prize out of two or three different groups. That is all I understand about Sweepstakes awards.
We got home around 10:30 and put all the kids to bed. Sunday we got up and started bathing everyone. By 11am, everyone was bathed and had their hair done. My camera was not charged so I could not take any pictures!!! They all looked so cute in their pretty dresses and their pretty hair. We really need to get Rebecca a new church dress. It is so hard to find one in her size that does not look horrible. They all show too much cleavage, leg or are too tight!
The final end to our weekend was dinner at the Gilbert's, Rebecca and ReAnna going to choir practice and dropping Katie off at her house. All in all it was a great weekend and we really got to know Katie and she genuinely seems to like us. We all got hugs alot and when she got hurt she came right to us.
We are planning all our family events this coming holiday season with her. Family pictures, trip to Santa, ride down Clovis' Christmas Tree Lane, etc. I just need a place to get pictures done for Christmas that are decently priced and not Wal mart style. Though the Walmart price is nice, I just do not want pics of us swished together with a totally lame background. I want fun family pictures in our Christmas garb!!
No comments:
Post a Comment