Hard to believe there are only twenty days left until Christmas! Where did the time go?! I still have presents left to buy and no idea what to get them!
That was me this time last year and a week before Christmas. This year, no panic at all! I have 99% of all my Christmas shopping done via online! All left to get is the sibling to sibling gifts and the kids gift to Rachel! I am so excited to have no stress this holiday season! Though trying to figure out what to do with a crawling baby and a Christmas tree? Do we get a superyard gate or do we just teach her to leave the tree alone?
We bought new bulbs to run lights in the front yard! Going to look awesome! We are doing simple but festive! I can not wait for Saturday to finish the decorations! Riley seems to like the lights, so walking down the Clovis Christmas Tree Lane will be great for her.
We did not go extravagant again this year with gifts, but we did get stuff the kids need and a few wants. We never get a ton of presents for the kids because we want them to understand that Christmas is about the birth of Christ and not about presents. We are going to read Twas the Night Before Christmas this year on Christmas Eve and we already watched It's A Wonderful Life. I love that movie! Richard and the kids got it for me about 2 years ago!
We are looking at having Ham, Scalloped Potatoes, Squash Casserole and Braised Green Beans for dinner! Can't wait! Not sure what for dessert though yet. Maybe Chocolate Cream Pies? Not in the mood for Pumpkin right now.
I do get December 14th through December 26th off from work. Time to bake and deliver goodies to friends, visiting teaching ladies and Richard's home teaching families! YUMMY!!
No comments:
Post a Comment