Well alot has been going on lately! The most exciting is that my family and I have talked and are reconciling! I went with Richard and all the kids on March 1st and went to see Rosalie and Mom, then on March 22nd went to see my twin. All the visits went great. So great that we invited Rachel and all her kids to our house last Friday for dinner. Rachel wanted to surprise Rebecca at her Color Guard Championship. Rebecca was so happy to see everyone! Then we took her home to feed her, so she could see Rachel's ex husband Uncle Mike! It was so nice to see everyone again!
Then the next day we took a trip back to Los Banos, which is where Rachel and her kids live, for a birthday party. It turned into somewhat of a family reunion. My mom, Rosalie and her kids were all there too! After the party we went to the park for awhile and hung out and talked.
I realized how much time I had missed being away so long. I use to pray and pray that I could see my nieces and nephews again, but it seemed to go unanswered. A few monthes ago it seemed like I was getting my answer and then this month I did! It wasn't that God was not answering my prayers, it was that He was waiting for them to be ready.
We all realize what we have missed in the past six years, but maybe it just wasn't time! Now we get along better then we ever did as kids! It is great to have my past meet up with my present. Now we can all look forward to the future together!
1 comment:
What wonderful news! I'm happy for you all. Great post. Sometimes it is so hard to wait for our prayers to be answered, but they always are.
Post a Comment