It has been a long time since I last blogged. And believe me ALOT has happened since. ReAnna is now 13 and Rebecca is 15! Where does the time go? Christopher is 8 now and him and his sister, Amber have been with us for over a year now! We are coming up on one year with Katie also! Just plain fast! Time flies and your babies grow up before your eyes. It is hard to believe that Rebecca is a sophmore and only has two years left in high school after this year! Absolutely insane! Am I the only one that wants to stop the clock and spend more time with them making memories that they will never forget and replicate with their families? I sure hope not!
It is Marching Season and we have already finished two competitions. One in Merced and one in Visalia. We did good at both. Richard is in charge of feeding the kids, so we spend the week before the competition getting everything ready for that. Trips to the grocery store, Smart and Final, the band room, etc. It is a very busy time in our house with school and church activities! There is never a slow day.
Christopher is now old enough to go to scouts and he is really enjoying it. Not sure if he is learning what he should be. He seems to have some band influences at school and is listening to them and not choosing the right. We keep telling him he needs to remember that he has been taught to choose the right and to be an example, but he still listens to the bad influences around him. It has only been like a month since he started scouts so I am hoping that he will start to listen after he has been going a little longer. Crossing every extremity I have.
ReAnna had a Twilight themed birthday party. Can you guess what movie we watched? Let's see could it be Twilight? Ding Ding Ding! The prize goes to...ME!! It went pretty smooth! She had fun and so did her friends. Especially after she told them that her mom has a vast knowledge of useless information about many things including Twilight. Her friends were pretty amazed that I finished all four books in three days and re read the last one twice in those three days. Then ReAnna told them I read Harry Potter in less then 5 days. I guess I read fast. And yes I can comprehend what I read. Just in case that question is on your mind! LOL!
Rebecca had her birthday party last night. It was a formal dinner at our house for her and seven of her friends. We had the living room set up like a restaurant and the back porch was the "waiting room". Glad that I have a covered porch, otherwise my furniture would be wet! Richard spent all Monday and Tuesday making her seven course meal. We started with Brocoli Salad with Melon Slices, then Shrimp Bisque, Garden Salad with Raspberry Walnut Dressing, Stuffed Mushrooms, Chicken Melanese with Braised Green Beans, Homemade Raspberry Sorbet and then Chocolate Cake with Cheesecake and Raspberry puree filling with Vanilla Ice Cream and Chocolate Shavings. The kids all got a kick out of Richard in his Chef's Coat and us acting like it was a real restaurant. The kids were laughing and eating and enjoying themselves. One of the boys said he has not laughed that much in a long time.
My twin sister and her kids have been at my house every weekend for the last two and they have been going to church with us. I am happy! It is nice to have the kids get to know the church and they actually are enjoying themselves. The church that they go to with their dad, they are not allowed to make noise or move around. They really relaxed when they got to our's and saw the babies and little kids making noise and no one really paying attention to them.
That is an update! Whats up with you?!?!?
1 comment:
Hi Rhonda! I know I am really bad at leaving comments, but when I get a chance, I love catching up on your blog. Wow, your family has sure grown and changed since I saw you last. Congratulations on your special additions. You guys are loving and fun parents! What special birthday parties they had! I cannot believe that your oldest is 15 already! Crazy!! Keep up the good work. You are a great example to your kids and too your family too!
Post a Comment