Take your time!

Take your time and see what we do. I love to post stories, lyrics, videos, pictures, etc. Anything that I think someone else would like to read. I vent and I rant, but it is all in good fun!

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Sharp Knives

On Friday, we went to the Clovis Farmers Market looking for this guy that sharpens knives. We looked around and asked some people, but he was not there. We asked another guy and he said that he would be at The Vineyard the next morning.
We went to The Vineyard and found him rather easy. The Vineyard is very small so it was very hard not to find him. While we were there Kopi was there passing out information on the Greek Festival. I guess real men do wear dresses. Silly!
We got the knife sharpened and headed home. That night while cooking, Richard cut his finger on a part of the knife that has never been sharp before. I got out the first aid kit and used my first aid training and doctored him. He said I get too much of a kick out of playing nurse.
So yesterday he is trying to get the ring off of a bottle and stabs the end of the knife into his hand. The soft spot on your hand between your thumb and forefinger. All I heard was him say I think I hit an artery. I am thinking Oh crap (and a few other choice words when I saw all the blood). Again I get to play nurse. Took alot of pressure to get it to stop bleeding, before I could bandage it up.
They say that dull knives can hurt you worse then that. A sharp knife will stop at any resistance and a dull knife will not. I would hate to see what a dull knife would have done to his hand! Scary!

No comments: