Take your time!

Take your time and see what we do. I love to post stories, lyrics, videos, pictures, etc. Anything that I think someone else would like to read. I vent and I rant, but it is all in good fun!

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Teaching an old dog new tricks!

I guess the saying You can't teach an old dog new tricks is wrong! Besides the fact that I am not old or a dog, I learned how to crochet! And from the internet nonetheless! It is amazing what it on YouTube these days! I made on blanket that was just single crochets in a chain that went back and forth! Then my friend Lisa at work taught me how to make this one style that I have discovered that I prefer much better! I have made 8 blankets total, two beanies(learned on YouTube again) and three scarves! I have one more blanket almost halfway done and I am starting on a blanket for Rebecca. It will be her school colors so she can take it to band competitions next year and be warm in the stands!
Plus I have taught a lady and her daughters how to make the blanket! I can do it and teach it! Yea haw! And I am making a grocery bag from a pattern. Lots of issues with that one, but Charlean at work is helping me to decode the pattern. I mess up, she fixes it and shows me the right way to do it!
I did the blankets to donate to Fresno County Binky Patrol, an orginization that gives blankets to kids that are removed from their families by CPS. I got involved after I found their name on the Give A Day Get A Day Disney program. SO I turned in 7 blankets and got 7 vouchers for tickets to Disneyland! We are going this summer!
The program is over, but I think I will still make more for them one day in the future! Whenever I see yarn now, I start putting blankets together in my head!
SO far I am making one for Rebecca in her school colors, red white and blue!
Then:
ReAnna: Pink and Yellow
Kaitlyn: Purple and gray
Christopher: Brown and red
Amberlin: Pink and blue

Plus I will master the beanie and make them each one of those and a matching scarf, but those will be with the fluffy baby yarn!!

No comments: