Take your time!

Take your time and see what we do. I love to post stories, lyrics, videos, pictures, etc. Anything that I think someone else would like to read. I vent and I rant, but it is all in good fun!

Thursday, July 29, 2010

Vacation

We had joy we had fun we had seasons in the sun!

Vacation started out great. We left Clovis on the 19th at 6 am, and headed to Vegas! We were pulling our travel trailer, the kids were watching a movie and Richard and I were listening to music. Suddenly the Armada lost power, first there was a little so Richard pulled it over to the side of the road. We coasted for about half a mile with what little power was still left in the car until we came to a complete stop. There we were dead in the middle of the Mojave Desert! Hot hot hot! Luckily we had cell service so we called for a jump, because we thought it was just the battery. It took one and a half hours until we got a guy in a malibu with jumper cables. That did not work, so 45 minutes later arguing with our emergency road service and another hour and a half waiting for the tow truck.
We were towed to Barstow and the Sauter Nissan dealership. There they told us that they did not have our part in stock. It was the alternator and the dealership and no car parts shop had one. It had to be ordered! AAAHHH!!! We had to rent two cars and leave our trailer in Barstow!
Enterprise rented us two cars for $42 a day with unlimited mileage! We headed to Vegas after cancelling our reservation at Sam's Town RV Park. We ended up staying in the Orleans Casino for two nights. Tuesday we went to Adventuredome and hung out there! We rode the Pirate Ship, The Inverter, the roller coaster and the water ride. I loved it! The only slow ride for us was the kids and the bumper cars! The kiddie rides are so slow they made me sick!!! We left there for lunch and head to the Imperial Palace and had lunch at Hash House A Go Go! Yummy! I love that restaurant! After there we went back to the hotel and swam for a little bit. Mind you it was 116 degrees the entire time we were in Vegas! After the refreshing swim, we headed back to the Adventuredome and stayed until 11:30! Then on to the Bellagio to see the water show!
The next day we headed back to Barstow to pick up the Armada and the travel trailer. Straight to Cedar City Utah after that! We went to see a former missionary that was giving me the lessons when I decided to be baptized. Sister Coleby, now Sister Marquardt, is pregnant with her first child, a boy! I could not wait to see her! We stayed with her until Thursday afternoon and then headed to my sister in Salt Lake.
We had dinner at her house and stayed in our trailer finally in front of her house! Friday we went to Strawberry Creek and rode her ATV's all day. We had lunch up there and then headed back home about 10 pm. The next day we hung out and went shopping and celebrated Pioneer Day! She bought fireworks and we set those off Saturday night before we left. Then we headed home.
We drove through the backside of Yosemite and had dinner by the stable area. Then we were off home. The first 28 miles on 41 outside of Yosemite was under construction! Crazy! We got home about 10 pm on Sunday! We had a lot of fun and have another great memory of our annual summer vacations!
I think the highlight of the trip for me was riding the rides a Adventurdome with my kids and riding the ATV's with my two youngest. I can not wait to print up a collage for this vacation!

No comments: