Tomorrow is my birthday. I remember when I worked at Directory Assistance, when my friends there turned 30, I would make them a special scrapbook of memories of all of us. I spent a lot of time on them and made sure they really looked good. They all loved them, when I transfered top a different department, they continued the tradition. I think the reason it makes me sad to think about those scrapbooks is that no one ever thought to make one for me. Not for a birthday or as a going away present. Maybe they don't consider me that good of a friend, maybe they just don't care. All I know is as soon as I left that department, I no longer existed in their friend circle. No more invites to birthday parties, party lite demos, nothing.
I know I should not dwell on it, but it just bugs me that they ask me to contribute to the others' scrapbook, but never have they thought even once to make me one. Another year and still no scrapbook. Oh well, I know Richard and the kids will get me something great and I will forget about the scrapbook for another year!
Welcome 38, what are you going to throw at me this year?!?!?
No comments:
Post a Comment