Take your time!

Take your time and see what we do. I love to post stories, lyrics, videos, pictures, etc. Anything that I think someone else would like to read. I vent and I rant, but it is all in good fun!

Friday, March 2, 2012

Well Dang it!

Well, all I can say is Dang It!  I was diagnosed with Gestational Diabetes on my birthday, so the next Friday I had to go to the Diabetes Care Center at the old Sierra Hospital on Dakota off Blackstone.  I am given a device to test my blood sugar 4 times a day.  Then I go back yesterday to have her check my sugar levels and guess what?  Here is where the Dang It comes in.  I now have to carry insulin around and take 5 units 5-10 minutes before breakfast.  Luckily I was able to get the pen, so I do not have to carry around a cooler with vials and needles.  My biggest fear is accidentally reaching into my purse and pricking myself with a needle.  So I carry the pen.  I took my first shot today and I did ok.  Nervous to see what my numbers are after an hour. 
I only have to use the insulin for four more weeks because they are planning the c section the last week of March!  Still have to test my blood for one month after she is born, but at least no insulin!!

1 comment:

Tana_S_ Beautiful World said...

Put it Heavenly Father's Hands my darling.... don't worry- your trail and miracle work is almost to an end...Ms. Riley Pants will be here soon! I am so sorry that you have to deal with these issues, I know it isn't easy- but just think of the treasures that shall follow. I admire you so much and I am grateful to call you my Bestie, sister, and friend...we were meant to meet..and someday we will live forever more in the here after as family. Love you, You can do it!