I know this has been a long time coming, but she is very high maintaince so there was no time to write.
I was scheduled for my c section on March 28th. The night before I was having contractions and it was very uncomfortable. So here I was nervous about the next day and have contractions. Eventually I fell asleep and the contractions stopped.
The morning of March 28th, I was nervous and extremely hungry!! My procedure was scheduled for noon and I was not allowed to eat or take my insulin that morning. Richard took some last minute poses of my stomach so we can show Riley when she is older.
Anne met us at the hospital and was allowed to go with us and wait in my labor and delivery room for us. It took awhile for the nurses to get the IV in because I was a little dehydrated from not being able to drink anything. I was poked like four times before Mary was able to get the IV in. They strapped on a monitor and Riley kicked it constantly.
At about 12:15 I was walked, yes walked into the operating room. I sat on the table and I got my spinal block. Richard was not allowed in during that time, so my nurse Mary took very good care of me. She helped me get through the intitial pain of the needle in my back. Once the tingling started, I was laid down and the wires were hooked up. The anesthiologist took my blood pressure and all the good stuff. In a few moments, Richard was at my side holding my hand. The anesthiologist told Richard they were getting ready to cut because they pinched me really hard and I did not react to it.
Soon I was moving all over and shaking and getting pushed on. I felt like I was on a roller coast. It is very hard to explain, but it was very scary at the time.
At 12:51 Riley Pearl Fisher was born. When she cried, we cried. For the first time I was able to hear my baby cry. I missed out on Rebecca and ReAnna's because I had emergency c sections and was knocked completely out!
Mary brought her over to us so we could see her after they weighed her. She was 6 pounds 2 ounces, she looked so small. She was definitely not the big baby we were expecting.
Then we got an even bigger surprise. She had managed to somehow tie two knots in her umbilical cord right on top of each other! Not to mention the cord was wrapped around her neck, her waist and across her abdomen. Plus her head was under my pelvic bone and they had to pull out with suction.
We both believe that God played a huge part in her delivery. She may not have made it if we had to wait or had her natural. He intervened and helped her to survive. It is miracles like that, that help grow my faith stronger and stronger.




No comments:
Post a Comment