Take your time!

Take your time and see what we do. I love to post stories, lyrics, videos, pictures, etc. Anything that I think someone else would like to read. I vent and I rant, but it is all in good fun!

Monday, September 24, 2012

Weekend Warriors

This weekend Richard fed 700 kids!!  Our church had a Quad Stake YM/YW Volunteer Activity. They went door to door in North West Fresno and collected food and monetary donations for the Fresno Food Bank.  They did really good and were even featured on the news. People were so impressed that these kids took their Saturday to serve others! 
There were activities later and the Fresno North Stake Center for all 700 kids. It was crazy and I have never seen that many kids before. It was like a teenager convention!! I thought it was just my teenagers that act stupid all the time, but it is not! THEY ALL DO IT!! Total shocker!
Richard said all the kids were fed in about 15 minutes! That is amazing!  I still have a few gallons of leftover sauce in my refridgerator, so we will be have lasagna, some time this week.
I cooked another roast for dinner last night and it was pretty dang good, if I do say so myself!!
I was released from the primary a few weeks ago, so I missed being in the primary program. Now I expect to get asked to speak in sacrament. I will probably throw up! My new calling is Activity Day Leader!! Awesome!!
The kids did a great job. Bishop Pauline, chose to recognize all the past and present primary workers at the end of the program. He cracked a joke that they were looking for some new primary workers that had never done it before. Everyone laughed. It was funny. Christopher said his line and then when it was Amberlin's turn, she started Christopher's line, stopped and did hers. People laughed!  Yes, us Fisher's are overachievers, NOT!!
During second hour I go with Richard to Gospel Principles class with Richard. He teaches the new members and the investigators. I like the class. After class, I had to drag Danity to class. I told her I would. She goes with Rebecca to class now. It is the younger group, but at least she is going to primary! Next week I promised her a large cookie!! I had better get working on that!!
I am making a bunch of Cricut style signs on tiles to put up in a shop to sell. I am also taking some items and making seasonal signs that can be sold together or seperate. My skills are getting better. I should start posting pictures of my signs so people can see them!
So what have you been up to?!?!

No comments: