You would think that today would be a happy day for us, but unfortunately it is not. Rebecca has been gone for 12 days now. She ran away in the middle of the night on February 2nd to go live with her best friend and her family. She just contacted us via text message this past Tuesday to tell us that she will not be talking with us again until April. She quit school, she has no job and she has not gone to church either.
What are we suppose to do, I know where she is but she won't talk to us to tell us anything! When we talked to our therapist she said what we said, the parents of her best friend crossed a line. If someone's child came to you and said they wanted to move out and in with you, wouldn't you have at least called that child's parents and let them know what is going on before hand? We got a text on Monday night letting us know where she is and that she would contact us when she is ready. Another thing our therapist said was they are doing all this for some selfish reason, not sure what either. That has been what Richard has been saying, what are they getting out of this?
They have bought her a phone and clothes, name brands we can not afford with 6 children. IS that it? Is it because we can't afford to buy her fancy name clothes or shoes? I am sorry that there are other priorities in the family then making sure you have brand name clothes. But is that it? Who knows? We won't see her for two monthes.
It just pisses me off that she would hurt her father this badly. He is heartbroken and the only thing she cares about is herself. She says she loves us, but I feel that is completely untrue. If she did, she would have talked to us, would have not changed her best friends parents to her parents, changed her last name to theirs, tell us she won't see us for two months, she wouldn't miss my birthday or Riley's first. I don't see that as love, I see that as complete selfishness.
She has a lot of growing up to do, but at what cost? She is driving a HUGE wedge between us and her. If she waits until April to talk to us, it will be entirely too late. Another selfish decision. If you love your family like you said, then you would contact us sooner then April!
She may be 18, but she is acting like a child! I am just so mad at her. I just want to go over there drag her out by her hair and beat the crap out of her. Wouldn't help the situation, but it would make me feel better, I think. She is not protecting or being loyal to us, only to herself and her new family. She has a new facebook with the name Rebecca Sanders and said she changed her name to hide. I know that is a lie, because she knows she can not hide from me. She changed the name as a slam to Richard and I. She called Maria mom to hurt my feelings. She use to do it whenever Maria and Eric were at our house in front of me, even after I asked her not to.
Sorry I needed to vent. I would ask you to tell her to call if you see her, but I think telling her you are dissappointed in the way she is treating her real family, would probably make more of an impact on her right now. I just want to know who a certain number is that has been calling her for the past two monthes and her calling it from 11 pm to 2 am and talking for hours! She supposedly had a secret boyfriend and now she is saying she does not have one. Just another lie on top of another lie.
1 comment:
I love you very much Mrs. Ronda my dearest.
Take heart and flight- God will never leave you, no matter what.
You are right where you need to be, you are on point.
Love,
Tana Lindley and Family.
Post a Comment