Take your time!

Take your time and see what we do. I love to post stories, lyrics, videos, pictures, etc. Anything that I think someone else would like to read. I vent and I rant, but it is all in good fun!

Monday, October 6, 2014

Weekend and update

This weekend was very busy. It was General Conference Weekend and Rebecca's 20th birthday!! We watched all of the talks and in between ran some much needed errands! We headed to Costco and almost died when we saw how packed it was!! CRAZY! The cars were parked in part of the Winco parking lot and all the way to Ashlan side of the parking lot! The inside was packed also with tons of people and the check out lines were very long and winded around everywhere. Though I did experience a few people not understanding personal space and nothing I did could get them to back up. Very rude and uncomfortable. On Sunday we had our traditional semi-annual brunch for friends and missionaries. We had more missionaries then normal this year. Unfortunately we forgot to invite Peachwood Ward members in time. We will do better in April. We had biscuits and gravy, pancakes and tang. Everyone loved everything and we did not have too much leftover. Then during the second part of Sunday's Conference, I let Rebecca put acrylic nails on me. She is learning and does OK, but still needs some work. I am going to have her fix them later this week. She is learning though, so I have to give her that much. At 5:30 we celebrated Rebecca's 20th birthday with a dinner of her choice. She chose shrimp bisque, shrimp fettucini alfredo, and huge fried shrimp!! It was great until we learned that Christopher was hiding his shrimp on a ledge in the table. Man he did not like the consequence for that. He got home from the youth musical and Richard had him sit down and finish his dinner. Plus he had him eat one and a half huge shrimp. Sat there with him and watched him eat it. Then confronted him about his recent rash of lies and explained why he was eating the shrimp. I don't think he will be hiding food or lying much after that, hopefully!! He has been our biggest problem lately and it all started when he started 7th grade. He has made some friends that are filling his head with some horrible crap and we are all suffering with those stories at home. He has been told that he does not have to listen to his mother because he is the only other male in the house. He should yell at his sisters and disrespect them, plus he hits them, throws things at them, yells at them, etc. He refuses to do his chores or even help anyone out at all. You ask him to help with something and you get one heck of a fit from him. So Richard and him had it out this weekend and his whole life will be different this week. No playing, no playroom, nothing fun. He will do his chores, homework and sit on the couch and wait for bedtime or to do something to help someone. His lies have just gotten pretty bad, especially when he lies to the missionaries and members of our ward. He has them all fooled that he is a respectful young man, but he actually is not. He is rude, disrespectful, lies all the time, won't help, causes contention in the house, whines, bullies his sisters (even the babies), yells at everyone (even me), etc. I am hoping this treatment this week will work, but somehow I doubt it. His life will have to be a 180 change before he wakes up and realizes he has to change. On a good note, we are having a boy!! Yeah!! Blake Edward will be making an appearance in late February! I cannot wait. Richard is insisting that I have a baby shower for him, but I don't know. I hate to impose or assume that someone will step up. He is pushing Rebecca to do it and get some of my friends to help. Makes me feel uncomfortable, but he is being insistant. My last baby shower was great, but I still felt like I was imposing on people to do it for me. Though I do seriously doubt anyone will make it to the party especially after the last 2 or 3 I have thrown and no one showed up. I mean no one. Unfortunately some never got the invite or had already made plans with their families out of town or with extended family. I don't feel like I have any friends at church lately, so that is one of the reasons I don't want a shower, if I get one. I feel like I am annoying people when I talk to them, so I may just start staying quiet and try to avoid people. Richard says it is because I talk too much and that alienates people and makes people not want to be around me. And no I do not want sympathy or for people to say this is not true. I am just venting and trying to get this horrible feeling off my chest and try to make a change. Maybe being a quiet person that blends in, will help. I worked on some pretty cute bows this weekend for the holidays for Riley and she is pretty excited about them. I need to make up the little baggies for the RS Super Saturday bow class I am teaching. I have some projects in the works to get done for Christmas gifts and I hope to be able to get what I see in my head into reality. Can not wait!!

No comments: