My company ended the year by announcing that they were laying off 12,000 employees world wide. Luckily my department was not affected by that lay off. Then they announced that our office was moving back to the Olive office. Half of engineering is on Olive and the other half, my half is on Ashlan. They started moving department by department right after Thanksgiving. Of course my department, the largest, went last. Our last day at the Ashlan office was yesterday. Today we are on Olive in temporary desks until they finish the construction in our permanent area. We should move there by next Monday. So we went from Ashlan and Villa to Olive and Clovis.
I feel like I am in a sardine can! It is so tightly packed in here. And surprisingly loud! They girls around me whisper and I can hear everything they say like they are standing right next to me.
They movers managed to break my ergo chair. So I am using a temporary until they can order me a new chair. It does not look like it can be fixed. They broke one of the wheels off completely! What were they moving it with, an ax? Strange!
Luckily almost the entire commute is freeway, but I still do not like being out by the winery. It smells out here when they are fermenting the skins and leftovers after they squish the grapes! I guess I will get use to it. We sometimes have to do things we do not like. It won't kill me, I hope!
2 comments:
It's amazing what people are putting up with now just to keep their jobs. It is getting so scary. So many people are without income right now. You have such a good attitude Rhonda.
I will have 17 years with this company in October, and I plan on having 30 when I retire. The pay is great, so are the benefits. I would not give up my job for anything. After being a 411 operator for almost 15 years with AT&T, I can put up with anything! Thanks for the comment and compliment!! I did not know you knew Katie Pauline?!?!
Post a Comment