Take your time!

Take your time and see what we do. I love to post stories, lyrics, videos, pictures, etc. Anything that I think someone else would like to read. I vent and I rant, but it is all in good fun!

Monday, April 26, 2010

Go Carts AKA Death traps

My nephews were having some fun this past Saturday on their go carts. Somehow a rope got pulled up in front of them and they crashed. My 16 yr old nephew was ejected and luckily is fine. His back is sore, but there is no big worry there. My 12 year old nephew was not as lucky. He was also ejected and as he hit the asphalt his helmet broke and flew off his head. HE was knocked unconscious and his brother, the 16 yr old, screamed for someone to call 911. He woke up and had no idea what happened to him, he still doesn't. He broke his nose and his cheek bone. Los Banos Regional Medical Center airlifted him to Santa Clara Valley Medical Center. Not sure why they did not send him to Valley Children's, who I am sure far better equipped to deal with a child emergenct. He went home that night and told no sports whatsoever for a month.
Most people will say go carts are safe or my child has been drving them for a long time. So had my nephews. You never know what can happen in one of those things. I told my nephews if they get in one of those ever again, Deeta is going to come down to Los Banos and kill them! Not literally, but they may wish that I would just kill them! I have never been so terrified in my life! When they thought he had a concusion, they were not sure what was going to happen. We all prayed for him and his brother to be ok and Heavenly Father took care of the little buggers and made sure they are ok. I am very grateful that only his nose and cheekbone are broken and not his neck! Here is the picture of my 12 year old nephew the morning after!

No comments: