This weekend started with a funeral in Los Banos for my best friend's mother. It was a catholic ceremony and it was VERY different. All the standing up and weird things said after the priest said something, was a very interesting experience. I got to see real nuns for the first time in my life, and they were not like Sister Act nuns! They wore a gray habit and did alot of kneeling and crossing themselves. I was hoping they would sing like the nuns on Sister Act, but nope!
That night we went to the Peachwood Ward Fall Social. It was pretty fun. They did Minute to Win It! It was hilarious. I really wish that I was able to participate, but it was the younger couples with children. It seems like at 39, I am too old for stuff like that. It was a fun night but we were very tired when we got home.
The next morning, Riley had a fever. We think it was from her teething. She was cranky and only wanted me most of the day. By late afternoon she was doing great. She slept for a long time in Richard's arms and when she woke up she was happier and cooler. Still no teeth though.
Sunday we had the Sisters from the LDS employment office do a presentation during third hour. YM and YW took over primary.
Shocking as it may be, that was our entire weekend. Pretty laid back and relaxing.
Today I am back at work and I really need some more sleep. I am SOOOOO exhausted.
No comments:
Post a Comment