Well I am getting happier every day or at least finding something to be happy about. It has just been so hard lately. With Rebecca leaving it was as if there was nothing there to be happy about. But lately I have been finding reasons to be happy. Some are silly, but it gets me through.
I still feel like people at church do not like me and just tolerate me, but I get through it. I am sure it is just part of my recent sadness. At least I really hope I am wrong. I just feel alone and it does not help that my sister tends to act like a bump on a log or hangs out with her friends and ignores me, but I should be use to that. She did that to me our entire school life. It is just saddening because I have been in the ward longer, but now I feel like the newbie. But I will still go to church, say hi to people and just keep smiling.
I am trying to gain more patience every day for my kids and their bad behavior. Trust me, it is very hard. They push the boundaries and my buttons constantly. Ignoring them works to keep me from yelling but not to get them to stop. So we are letting them deal with the consequences. Like for instance, Kaitlyn and Amberlin share a room and both refuse to throw their dirty clothes down the laundry shoot for the past 2 weeks. So their consequence is they go to school in dirty clothes every day. If we can not get them to want clean clothes maybe their friends and teachers telling them will get them to throw their clothes down. Christopher wants his toys back, but he has to keep his room clean for a week, but so far two days is the max. His consequence is no toys in his room. One day they will learn, but I am not sure as to when.
We have Richard's sisters coming for the weekend. One is coming from Missouri and the other from Arizona. I love his one sister and tolerate the other. The one from Arizona wants to cleanse my aura and it frightens me that she believes in all that and went to school to learn how to be a holistic healer, Miss Hypochondriac!! His sister from Missouri is AWESOME!! LOVE HER!! She is so cool and funny and totally gets me!! We are going to have a fun weekend!! They get to meet Riley for the first time! I am just worried that they will either see Bump On A Log Rachel or Talk Your Ear Off Cause I know Everything Rachel. I am hoping for the sleep all weekend Rachel!! Sad but true!
Plus I am happy that my company is reclassifying my job and making me an Engineer Administrator!! Two Wage Scale RAISE in June sometime!! YEAH ME!! More Money More Money! Plus I can transfer to any EA position in the country with that title!! YEAH!!! I can't wait for the first check, things will not be as tight anymore! It is hard rasing a family of seven plus my sister on one income. Now it will be a little bit easier! Plus it will help to get our credit straightened out so we can buy a house!!
We are looking at HUGE houses out of state to buy. Mostly in areas that I can transfer to with AT&T. Like Texas, Missouri, Michigan, Minnesota, etc. The houses are huge and the prices are low. I can get a 3500 sq ft house in Missouri with a basement and a huge yard for $225,000. Plus it has a pond and a forest in the back of the house between the other houses in the track!! With all my kids that would be amazing and think of all the bugs they could play with and I would never have to see!!!!
So how do you stay happy?
No comments:
Post a Comment