It has been a crazy week!!
We left for our camping trip in the late afternoon on Friday the 5th. On our way up we blew out a tire on the trailer and unfortunately forgot to put the spare in the camper. We ripped it off on a previous camping trip. Long Story. We ended up taking it off but we made it to our camping spot, very slowly. As usual there was no one up there at all. We managed to get ahold of my sister and had her bring up everything we forgot and the spare. We spent a few hours at Shaver Lake and it was PACKED!!! There was a flipping line to get in about a mile long! WEIRD!! Riley totally loved playing in the lake. She got her face in the water about three times but was not scared. Of course she played naked and she loves being NAKED!!
We found out later that day that there was a fire ban so we could not have a campfire at all. The sheriff did tell us that there was a fireworks show over the lake that night. That totally explains all the cars! We could see the show from our campsite and it was pretty good!! Our second fireworks show of the week!! YEAH!! There was alot of very loud and rude people up by us watching the show also.
The next morning we got up and some of the firework viewers stayed the night. They turned on some loud music for a little and then left. It was distrubing to say the least. It was a beautiful quiet Sunday until they played their loud music, but they left and everything went back to beautiful and quiet.
We came home Monday afternoon after another fiasco with the tire. It went flat!!! We made it to Cressmans and filled it up. Then off to home. I was sunburned!! We cleaned out the camper and everyone showered!!
I took the next few days off and we got our winter garden prepared. WE missed out on Spring because of the chicken coop. Just ran out of time. So we weeded two of the garden squares, turned the soil and mixed in steer manure. I installed and fixed the sprinklers. I capped off most of them except for the ones I put valves on with hose and little sprinklers. We planted seeds in stryafoam cups and planted some plants. So far the plants in the cups are growing! I can not wait to transplant them into the garden!! The gardeners are going to poison the other section of garden so we can pull the weeds and turn it and mix in steer manure! Then I am planting the beans and peas there. I am building a contraption so the beans and peas can climb them. There is one other section of the garden but I need to get the weeds out, turned and soil and steer manure mixed it. Then we are going to try Brocoli and Cauliflower. I want to do Butternut squash too, but that will be after the pumpkins are done!
We found out that we do have 2 roosters, so if any one wants them, call me!! Plus that cat that adopted us, is pregnant!! What the heck are we going to do with that!??
Yesterday we went to look at some restaraunt equipment and take care of Richard's tickets from 2009. We got his license released so now we can run down and get his license renewed and then that will take care of another ticket. Plus we need to get his Fixit ticket signed off for the tags actually being on the car now. That will eliminate another ticket!! Crazy what can happen in just a week, huh?
No comments:
Post a Comment