Take your time!

Take your time and see what we do. I love to post stories, lyrics, videos, pictures, etc. Anything that I think someone else would like to read. I vent and I rant, but it is all in good fun!

Wednesday, July 3, 2013

July

I have not posted in awhile. How strange, huh? The last time I hadn't posted in awhile was because I was out on Maternity Leave and no Sariah has not arrived yet.  I still have like 12 weeks left!  Though I have been having dreams of her coming a month early. Wonder what that means?

The last Tuesday of June, Kaitlyn had a swim event with Mutual and she was complaining that her suit was too small and she needed a new one. Weird thing is it fine great according to her about two weeks prior when she was trying it on for the Malcolm's End of the School Year Party. Richard had her try it on and we did all the squats and toe touches and the suit did not ride up or move. It fit her perfectly with no fear of the straps falling off or the back riding into a thong. So she complains again saying, it's tight though. So he tells her, suits are suppose to be tight to keep everything in and from falling out. End of discussion, she was not getting a new suit because the next size up was a 14 and she had on a 12. Wasn't happening and beside we were broke until payday.  So Saturday comes and Richard tells all the kids to put on their swimsuits so they can go swimming in our pool, (blowup Intex type, no in ground at our rental).  They all come down and she starts complaining that her suit leg ripped and she has no idea how it happened. ReAnna and Amberlin pop up and say you do to, we watched you pull on it until it ripped. Pretty much she did it on purpose to try to force us to buy her a new swimsuit. Richard told her at that point, if your swim suit falls apart anymore it will be shorts and a t shirt she will be swimming in the rest of the summer. She will not be getting a new swimsuit until Costco brings out the new Speedo's next season. Needless to say she was mad because her damaging her swimsuit did not get the outcome she wanted. And I was just about to suggest going to Kohl's to get everyone a new suit because I had a 30% plus another 15% off coupon. Oh well.

Sunday was very hot and Riley just does not understand at all anything about extreme heat. She wants to go outside at all costs!! So we did 5 minute trips, everyone taking a turn. Sadly we all had to drag her in screaming because she wanted to stay outside.  At dinner I ended up outside with her pushing her in her stroller all over the yard. She has figured out how to get in, pull the tray down and lean back and wait for her ride to begin. I pushed her a good ten times around the yard and then took her out. She played in her little pool for another 10 minutes but no more, I was HOT!! We went inside and she seemed happy to be in the AC.

Monday was hot also and the same routine with her getting walked around the backyard commenced. I put the stroller all the way down and she layed down and relaxed while I pushed.  I am so glad she is really liking her stroller, but it is too hot to breath outside!! I sware we are being cooked for the impending zombie invasion!!  Yes I like zombie movies!! If a zombie invasion ever happens, we are safe!! I got this down!! LOL! Though is the zombies move like World War Z, we all dead! Take the cyanide now!!

Tuesday Richard was off and running around checking out things for the bakery. It looks like he will be working at Dore Bakery and managing the lunch and new dinner menu! Totally awesome!! He is going to do a 8-12 internship with the church, so that he can get a small income for now. Otherwise he is going to have to work for free until they can get an ice cream dipping station and sandwich cart. It will be nice to have two incomes again. Bills will get paid and eliminated finally!!!

Richard suggested on Tuesday that we go camping, leaving Friday night and coming home Monday night.  I really do not want to go. I am uncomfortable sleeping and so is Riley, but ultimately we will end up going. I will be pregnant and miserable, Riley will sleep poorly and so will I.  I am 27 weeks pregnant and really will not have fun camping. Sucks, huh?

Thursday is the Fourth of July!! YEAH!! We are having ribs, tri tip, corn, baked beans, potato salad, jello stainglass, watermelon, cantelope and fresh homemade rolls!!  Yummy!! I love ribs and tri tip!! I cannot wait!! Not sure about what we are doing about Fireworks, but we plan to try to watch it at Buchanan from the Peach and Nees building parking lot.

Just remember when you celebrate our freedom this Thursday  remember those that fought and died for us to have the freedom that we do now.  Freedom is given to us from those that fought for it!!

Happy Safe and Fun Fourth of July!!

1 comment:

Tana_S_ Beautiful World said...

When you write happy, I;m happy.
Silly daughters huh, to rip a swim suit or not? I can only imagine the future things that Nia will be doing because already she is being overly worshiped at her dad's home because he name his restaurant after her along with his Friend 's son and they went in to business {co-owners} together. They have a running joke about Nia hiring and firing everyone- it's cute not at 5 yrs. old for them but I don't want the TV, Newspaper, and restaurant stuff going to her head- but at this point- God has chosen her place to be there and not with me- and I know God's plan is always all knowing and better than mine. So I await her future antics. As for your youngest making you guys take turns- that sounds like my Nia- she never let me get a full night's sleep ever and to this day when she comes over she still wakes me up in the middle of the night and at the crack of dawn- yet, her dad says she over sleeps there- We can only conclude that she gets so excited to spend the weekend with us that she wants to be awake the whole time- She always says that she wants and wishes to be a baby again and I ask her why and says so she can be with me again. Nia demanded full time attention from minute one of her birth- she still is like that- we all have to be constantly playing with her or focusing on her- It is so funny how our kiddos wear us out and command us when they are first little- and somehow we have to shift in the honor or instilling morals and ethics and that is where Richard did a great job when it came to the bathing suit situation. I sure would have thought nothing of running to the store with that coupon you mentioned. Funny, how I was just talking about this same subject this morning before James went to work- and I was telling how Austin was getting into the habit of want McDonalds almost every day and I am gonna have to have a talk with him and let him know it's a treat- not a way of life. He loves their breakfast- Saying no to our children is the honest way of having true love for them, it is easier to give in and say yes. Love you sweets!