Take your time!

Take your time and see what we do. I love to post stories, lyrics, videos, pictures, etc. Anything that I think someone else would like to read. I vent and I rant, but it is all in good fun!

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Courage and Sadness

Most of you that know me know that I am shy. If you talk to me, I talk back. But to initiate a conversation is beyond my ability with someone I do not know. If we are friends, of course I can, but if you are a stranger, not gonna happen.
Well last Thursday was a baby shower for a Sister at my church and I was completely shocked and excited to get an invitation. I decided to make her a blanket and some booties for the baby.
I learned how to crochet in March and I just can not stop! I love doing it and it was my first time giving the booties that I recently learned how to make as a gift. I was excited to see her reaction or to see her dissappointment in them.
I worked daily for several hours a day to get the blanket and booties done in time for the party. The fastest I ever worked on a blanket and booties! I was so happy that I did it and did not give up!
Well Thursday came and I had the booties left to do and only 2 hours to do them in! Yes I was late to the party, but I wanted them to be perfect! Someone's baby was going to wear these so they had to look good.
Well I get there and I can hear them playing a game inside the house. I know I am late, so I muster up the courage to knock on the door. No answer, so I ring the doorbell. Still nothing. I waited a little longer and knocked again. No one came to the door. I left the present and went home. Crying the entire way. The hardest part for me was walking up to the door and knock and then to not get opened, it was devistating!
Richard came home and gave me a big hug. He told me that I should have called him and he would have helped me. I almost did call him, but he was in the middle of a roundtable and I did not want to interrupt that.
I still have no idea who this Sister is and why no one answered the door. I guess next time, I just make a gift and send it.
I really felt like I was not really wanted there. Like they only gave me the invite because they were giving them to all the women around me and did not want to hurt my feelings. Well not answering the door hurt them worse.

1 comment:

Grandma Honey said...

This is so sad. My heart hurts for you. It is such a rare CHERISHED gift to get something handmade. But you know what? I can almost bet no one heard you knock. It was probably just too noisy in there to hear the knock. Since they invited you I'm sure they really wanted you to come. When they finally did find your gift, they probably just assumed you were in a hurry that evening and didn't have time to attend, just time to drop off the gift. If they only knew!

You are a very giving and kind person Rhonda. I'll never forget how you so willingly made that wonderful macaroni salad for that funeral...I can't even remember which funeral it was for now, but I will never forget your salad and your kindness.