Last night was our monthly Enrichment Night for Relief Society. It was on self defense. Unfortunately I did not get to hit anything or anyone, but I did learn that the sheriff teaching the class was a bit paranoid. He told us all how to put dowl sticks in the window to keep them from being opened all the way for someone to get in. How to keep your front door locked while you are home. How to get to your front door fast. Apparently there is alot of break ins going on while people are asleep or at home in the back of the house.
It was a very interesting night, just a little paranoia envoking. Not sure if he helped or hurt. Myself, I can handle myself because I have three much older brothers then me and they taught me how to defend myself.
I did learn that the heal for you hand in someone's nose can really hurt them or even kill them and your elbow in their jaw or top of their head can put them down on the ground long enough for you to get away or get something bigger to hit them with. And he said to be able to do that put your hands up like you are giving up and when they let down their guard go in for the kill, so to say. He said he would come back out and let us practice hitting him and another deputy. That one I will be going to for darn sure!
No comments:
Post a Comment