Richard and I went to Buy Buy Baby, where I have my baby registry, to get a mattress for our crib. Plus we wanted to check out the travel system and pack n play we have picked out. We are going to purchase those here in the next few weeks. I just can not ask people to buy me stuff that expensive for Riley, not even my family!
So we were trying to find the travel system that we picked out and found out that they had sold the floor model but they had one in the back if we wanted it. Then the store manager, I think she was anyways, came over and started telling us why we did not want that system. Yes, I said, did not want. She said that travel systems are horrible and bad for babies and Baby Trend was crap. Her words! Here is my question, if it is crap why are you selling it?!?!? She then proceeds to try to upsell us a Chicco travel system, yes the thing she said is bad for baby, for $350!! I think not! I am still getting the one I picked out, no matter what she says! I like it and it has handles that for taller people work great!
Then she sent us over to the mattresses with her mattress expert and she tried to sell us a $350 mattress!! My mattress was only $600 and it is a Cal King!! She would not even show us their cheapest mattress that was $119!! Then we hinted that we were going to go to Walmart and get the $79 one and she said I wouldn't put any baby on that. WHY?!?! Kmart was a staple for me when Rebecca and ReAnna were born! Strange how things have changed! So we went to Babies R Us and got the mattress I wanted for $129 with a 20% off coupon!
Needless to say I have a registry at Buy Buy Baby, but I am going to avoid asking for opinions from their employees from this day forward! I do have a small registry at Babies R Us, but that is for alot of frog stuff and stuff I can not find at Buy Buy Baby! Yes her theme is frogs, but her colors are lavender, yellow and of course pink!! I can't wait to rearrange our room so I can put her crib next to my side of the bed and decorate her wall! YEAH!!
Only 8 weeks to go, but more like 6 or 7 because I am having a c section!
No comments:
Post a Comment