Take your time!
Take your time and see what we do. I love to post stories, lyrics, videos, pictures, etc. Anything that I think someone else would like to read. I vent and I rant, but it is all in good fun!
Tuesday, May 6, 2014
Good and Bad
Not sure why when you try to do something good, there is always that one person that complains about it.
Saturday we had our 5k to promote prescription drug abuse awareness. I came into work and was talking to this one lady here about it and all she did was complain.
She was mad because her son was having a baseball game and she had to park and walk. She wanted to park where our running path was because there was only a few stragglers and she felt that they could run around her SUV. SO she had to park farther away and walk. Walking never killed anyone. Not sure what her problem was but she insisted we should have had it at Clovis High's stadium. Sorry but that is out of our stakes boundaries. I am sure even if she was able to park there she would have found something else to complain about.
Needless to say, she is a very negative person and I am trying to steer clear of her and all her negativity. She hurt my feelings because our event was an inconvience for her and she had to walk to the game.
Why do people just feel it necessary to complain about everything?!?! It was a worthy cause and she should have just made an exception and gotten over it. But then some people think they are just too good to do certain things. Unfortunately she spoils her children and is only now reaping that reward. May be that is why she is so negative now.
I felt like telling her that when the next 5K for PDA is, I will be sure to have our committee put into consideration her views on it. But that would have been wrong, so I have been avoiding her and not going out of my way for her anymore. Maybe she will get the point and realize she was rude and sounded self important.
That was the bad, now for the GOOD!!
I found 6 races this summer for $5 each!! They are at Woodward Park two tuesdays a month this summer at 7pm. They re sponsored by Sole 2 Soul to help get people out there running and so by the time you finish the last one, you can improve your time. This is awesome and SOOOOO affordable! The first one is June 10th and I can not wait. I am training now at the gym trying to get 12 to 13 minute mile! I want to finish a 5K in 36 minutes!
So far I did a mile and a half in 21 minutes and 30 seconds last night. Going to spend the rest of this week trying for 18 minutes and a speed of 4.3 mph. I am pretty sure I can do it, but I do need to condition my legs and lungs for running up hills and rough terrain, so I will also be doing the Crosstrainer and the Stationary Bike, plus I want to throw in some Zumba for lung conditioning. The jumping and dancing from Zumba will help with that!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment