This weekend was nutso and my house now looks the part. BHS beat San Joaquin Memorial at football. But that was not much of a Friday, Saturday was the crazy day!!
It started out at 9 am, getting Rebecca to school for a 3 hour practice before we left for Merced. We had to pack up all the trucks with the food, instruments, uniforms, props, etc. I followed Richard in the food truck, we had to be there early to set up and get the food ready. The kids would be there around 5:30 and hungry!
We got there about 3:30 and this one guy was mad because we were all arriving at different times. I am sorry we can not afford a caterer, so we have to be there early to set up. We eventually got in and set up everything. We realized we forgot matches and had to borrow some from another school.
We warmed up the beans, meat and cheese. Our dinner for the kids was nachos, taco salad or garden salad. Most ate nachos and cookies. Amamzingly enough we ran out of bananas! The kids ate and then the parents and my three youngest ate. I was running around trying to assemble the thrones and cover them with material so they looked fancy.
I had really chapped lips so the nacho cheese burned my lips! Owie!!
I was then recruited as a Pyramid puller. I had to pull an 8X8X8 pyramid from the parking lot to the stadium. Equivalent of my house to Walmart and they were not light! And they had a mind of their own on the cement, but once on the field, they refused to move!! Finally got them on and off the field in under 3 minutes, practically running the entire way. You get deducted points for anything over the 3 minute allowance for prop and equipment set up.
From the back it looked really good! I enjoyed watching it this time.
We cam in first, but Clovis West won Sweepstakes. They are done with their show and we are only halfway done. So next time we should beat the pants off of them. We will be a Fresno State this weekend. If you go, I will be the one pulling a Pyramid and running while doing it.
AND I still do not have a picture of Rebecca in her Uniform!!
No comments:
Post a Comment