Take your time!

Take your time and see what we do. I love to post stories, lyrics, videos, pictures, etc. Anything that I think someone else would like to read. I vent and I rant, but it is all in good fun!

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Family Update

I know I normally update the Monday after the weekend, but it was a slow weekend and very relaxed.  I really need to start taking pictures to document what we do, so it does not sound like I am making stuff up.

Friday after Rebecca and I returned from the gym, we went as a family to the Clovis Farmer's Market.   We did not buy anything, but we just walked and looked at everything.  It was cooler out, so there were more people out walking the market.  There was a live band and people dancing, including this old man that was shaking his bootay!!  He was was grooving and singing to every song they played.  Can we say Groupie? 

Friday we headed over to the Cox's and picked up some wood chippings from a tree they had removed and shredded into sawdust in front of their house.  It smells like medication, but it is a great cover.  We went home and weeded the garden and used the wood shavings to try to keep the weeds from continuing to grow.   The back yard smells like a pharmacy, but it looks nice.  We weeded about a month ago and so far the garden is growing again, even more now that we have weeded again.  We have butternut squash growing, peter pan squash and a couple pumpkins.  I need to water more in the garden but I am going to use the flood irrigation method this week.  I need the soil the get moist so that the plants can grow better.  Later that afternoon we went back to the Cox's and went swimming.  I even got a swimsuit on!  Shocking!  I never swim in public.  The kids sure enjoyed theirselves.  We headed back home and started putting together dinner for that night, we had invited the Cox's over again!  We love having them over for dinner.  Love you Tana and Anne.  We just love having people over for dinner.  

On Wednesday we did a taco bar and invited the Arnold's and the Cox's over.  It was so much fun!  My family loves tacos, a little more then I do.  I am trying to be good and cut back on all my carb intake, so that I can lose enough weight to look good at a swim party and at my reunion. 

Sunday Richard sang a solo in Sacrament and it was great!  Everyone was impressed with his singing ability.  I even saw some crying they were so moved by the words of the song.  I will post the words later.  I have heard him practice the song for so long that I mouthed the words with him!  That night we had roasted chicken for dinner.  Yummy! 

Rebecca and I are determined to get into shape and look our best this fall.  I increased my time on the Elliptical machine to 25 minutes and all my weights by 5 pounds each.  On Tuesday I talked to the new personal trainer there and he said that if I am not feeling it the weight is too low.  I am doing them all correctly just with too little weight on them.  I increased it and boy can I feel it now!  I used the tummy killer machine and I felt that.  I need to work up to the weight though, I can't do it long enough to really get any benefit from it.  I hope to be up to 30 minutes by next Tuesday and keep at that for the next couple months until my reunion.  Any hints on a diet that will help me burn fat faster?

1 comment:

Tana_S_ Beautiful World said...

I am so Proud of you guys, I really am. I am proud of you and Rebecca getting swanky panky with the Gym. You guys are really doing something so positive and healthy together. I love the determination. I need some of your guys' determination these days. Every now and again, I get drained...but the good news is- once again, the Lord had became my arm, legs, arms, and mind- for I was carried through this crisis of moments that I felt beyond crushed. I am rising again- and that is life. Live - learn, rise, and yearn for more of the Lord's Teaching's and lessons. I am so Proud of Brother Fisher singing and touching the hearts of my beloved Peachwood ward. I am so proud of all the Fisher children, for their hearts bellow such great sounds even in the silence of separation, I can still feel the love of all your children, and I hear their laughter- and feel the thunder of their feet rumbling your back yard, as they had did those times my family graced the goodness of your home. WE know you guys love having friends over for dinner...and my Holy Ghost Veil must have picked up on that Vibe when I so boldy invited the Lindley's to your house to ear...I gots big nerve huh? The fact is, you guys are like my strength and in seeing the joys and struggles within your family near or far- it is like getting renewed love and inspiration, for me especially from our Heavenly Father. I love your profile, very classy and peppy new look. I love the kid's pictures, and you know how I right click my mouse and take all ya'lls pics whenever I needs to upload them on my Blogspot....You know cause I am a Troll and I got it like that... I love you guys all so much and one day we all be running around and playing together again. My husband and I have learned so much from you guys. WE have discovered how to over come our own differences and trespasses that no man should ever hear us utter the words for only God can heal these afflictions, but somehow, and I am not sure why or how- the strength to bypass these hard days came from your family and all those who serve Peachwood Ward and Our Savior...It is very important that we all remain intact and never stop supporting one another- for the world is in crisis, and the Lord needs our fellowship and steadfastness to usher in Our Father's Propeshys. So be it, I love you all and you all live in my heart- soul, and mind for all for Eternity and more. Love Talk to me-Cuz I know Ya'll Know me just like That Tana Fellowship Banana on break off for you Poko dotted Saturday mornings-- Tana Lindley and the Fam.