Take your time!

Take your time and see what we do. I love to post stories, lyrics, videos, pictures, etc. Anything that I think someone else would like to read. I vent and I rant, but it is all in good fun!

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Three Day Weekend!

Our weekend started out with a double date with Anne and Bill Arnold.   We went to Marie Callendar's for dinner and then out to the Clovis Farmer's Market.  We wandered around and looked at all the stuff they had for sale.  There was alot of interesting stuff.  The difference in prices amazed me.  No one really seemed to budge.  I would think that if the booth next to you is selling zucchini for $2 and pound wouldn't you want to sell yours for a little less?  Just a thought.  Or at least that is what I thought competition was, trying to outsell your competitors. 

Then Saturday we started out making some apricot jam from the five grocery bags that my sister brought me from her tree.  We still have an entire bowl to make into jam.  I am going to have alot of it for our three month supply.  Awesome!  I am thinking about trying a batch of Plum Jam, but I am not sure.  I do know that I will be canning tomatoes soon!   We also did the shopping for the Peachwood Ward Pancake Breakfast on the 4th of July.  We got strawberries, peaches, apples, bananas and whipped cream.  There was also the typical butter and syrup.  We ended up feeding about 250 plus people!  It was insane.  At one point I thought I was melting into the cement, it was so hot at 8 in the morning! 

Saturday night we worked the fireworks booth.  It was pretty slow!  We sold stuff but not near as we had hoped!  Love you Tana!  We kept trying to sell the $500 box but had no takers!!  We sold out of a few things and one of the workers drove out to TNT and picked up some more!   It was darn hot out there in that little booth!  CRAZY!!

Sunday we went to church and prepared stuff for the breakfast after church!  We watched the fourth Indiana Jones and just relaxed and tried to stay cool!  It was again HOT HOT HOT!!  I am sure I could have fried an egg on the sidewalk at one point!! 

Monday was the breakfast and as I stated before, it turned out great!  Everyone was happy and only one person asked twice where the sausage was.  No complaints at all!  Everyone seemed very happy and full after they ate!  Strawberries went really fast. 

Monday afternoon from 1-7 we were again in the fireworks booth and it was yet again HOT!  109 degrees!  Crazy!  I got sick, but we did sell alot of fireworks! 

After the booth closed we head to my house with the Durnell's and Yanez's.  We had ribs, hot dogs, corn, potato salad, baked beans and rootbeer floats!  Yummy Yummy! We ate in the front yard and watched the neighbors set off their fireworks.  We had some sparklers, ground flowers, piccolo petes and purple rains.  We had fun and everyone was happy! 

Wished some could be there, but I know they are needed in Washington!  They better return, cause I would hate to have to drive up there and drag them back!  Miss you guys! 

How was your fourth of july?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HELLO!!! Garsh, darn it!! I sure do miss YOU and YOUR FAMILY!! I hope the kids are all doing swell. I think about you and your family a lot. I adore you all! My Fourth of July was very good!! At the Ward where I am currently at, they had a pancake breakfast too!!! But I know it does not compare to what the Peachward could do! :) But, I was thankful and it was blazing hot out, and still is!! I MISS YALL AND HOPE TO SEE YOU SOON! :D TAKE CAREE AND GOD BLESS