This weekend we had a triple dunk, or as some other people call it, a triple baptism! It was awesome! The entire Relief Society room was filled and there was standing room only!! Longest baptism I have ever been to also! Almost an hour!! After the closing prayer, I took the kids and pretty much raced home to finish everything for the dinner. Richard likes to do a dinner after to help the new members get some fellowship. Without fellowshipping, new members tends to become inactive very quickly!
We had pulled pork, spanish rice, refried beans, chips and salsa and a bunch of mini desserts! People started arriving before Richard and soon the entire living room and dining room was filled!! I was beyond freaking out! I called Richard and told him to get home NOW!! I needed help and the kids were too busy running around being idiots and not helping. They were talking everyone's ears off! When Richard showed up the pulled pork burritos flew out of the kitchen and disappeared as fast as they hit the platter!! It eventually slowed down enough that Richard could go talk to our guests. I was stuck in the house refilling everything. My legs and hips still hurt from all the walking. Did not get alot to eat, but I was more thirsty then anything! I think I drank Riley's weight in water!!
All in all it was a great baptism with a great dinner following!!
No comments:
Post a Comment