Take your time!

Take your time and see what we do. I love to post stories, lyrics, videos, pictures, etc. Anything that I think someone else would like to read. I vent and I rant, but it is all in good fun!

Monday, April 1, 2013

Crazy Weekend

We had one crazy weekend. It was fun but it was CRAZY!!

Riley's birthday was on Thursday, so I took the second half of my work day as a vacation day. Her and Richard were outside waiting for me when I drove up! It was so cute. She walked to me with a HUGE smile on her face!! We played and then we made dinner. We had finger foods because that is what she eats. So we had tater tots, chicken nuggets, green beans and corn. I got pizza bites, but they were too spicy, so we did not give her any.

The only dissappointment was Rebecca not texting or calling to wish Riley a happy birthday. She only has her first birthday once and she missed it to be with her new family. Very hurt that she would do that to Riley, who has done nothing to her at all or ever!

I took Friday off to help get everything ready for her party on Saturday. I made some really cute party favors. I took old baby food jars and put a tiny hole in the lid and then Richard spray painted them purple. I put a flower through the hole, filled the jar with robin eggs and then tied a yellow or purple ribbon around the top. It was very cute and resourceful. We got purple daisys from Costco and a few other things too. Plus we ordered a cake. I know, Richard makes cakes why did we buy one? We had so much food to make we ran out of time, so we ordered a cute one.

The party was fun, I just wish there had been more people there and more kids for Riley to play with. She got alot of clothes, a blanket and two baby dolls. She said ooooohhh to everything and became an expert at opening gift bags!!

Easter dinner was good. We had ham and turkey, mashed taters. brocoli and homemade rolls. I made cute cupcakes for dessert. I made muffin size chocolate cupcakes wnd filled them with strawberry jam. Topped them with the new cool whip frosting and dyed green coconut. Then I added Robin Eggs, a gummy fried egg and a foil chocolate bunny. Kids loved them.

I took pictures of Riley's party, so I will post that later!

How was your weekend?

No comments: