This was the worst day ever for me. Last week one of the prominent members of our church's primary presidency, had her son in another Sunday School class and with Senior Primary. I though nothing of it, because maybe he had a friend visiting that was in that class. Then today he is again not in my class. One of the presidency brings him back to my class because he was in the wrong class. This was after his cousin told me and the class that his mother does not like me and did not want him in my class anymore. So he is sitting there and she walks by and yanks him out. How am I suppose to handle this?
Now I am sure she has told the presidency why he is to be in the other class and her extended family that she hates me. You know how that works. You tell one person and they will tell another, plus I am sure her son has told people that she does not like me. I really want to quit primary, but I love the kids I teach! I told Richard that I want to quit church, but he will not let me. He talked to the Bishop and the Bishop said he will talk to her.
I am just very confused. I was ok with no one talking to me, but now that I know that someone does not like me and has told people this, I no longer feel like I belong. What do I do? Quit primary or just try not to show that is bugs me and move on?
3 comments:
I don't know exactly who to give credit for saying this or if this is exactly the right quote.."When somebody speaks ill of thee, live so that no one will believe them." Keep up with your calling. Maybe send a card to the person that is offended by saying you're sorry if you've hurt their feelings and that you never intended to. Invite them to talk to you about their concerns in a letter form so they don't feel put on the spot. Quitting church is the worst thing you could possibly do! You know the church is true! When you were baptized one of the covenants you made was to attend church.....not just when you're feeling liked. If you keep going people will have a better opportunity to get to know you. Anybody that really knows you will like and love you. Give it time. These trials will pass. Right now you need to read the scriptures too. It will help you feel Heavenly Fathers LOVE for you and you will KNOW your special and worth dieing for!
I am glad we have these blogs to vent and talk. I am not an expert at all, but I was thinking what Krista was, to write a short note about how you have felt offended and if there is anything you can do differently. Also, when times get hard, remember your kids will look to you. You need them to have church as their foundation because BADBADBAD things can happen now and as teens without the gospel. I know a lot of people who gave up on the church, but it isn't the church, it's just people who are human who offend you and make you lose your testimony. The church did nothing wrong, and people come and go, so just pray and keep the course!
P.S. Dyson loved having you as a primary teacher, in case you think you never make an impact on anyone.
Post a Comment