Well July has been a very busy month for our family. On the 12th we welcomed Laura from France. She was a part of a program called World Exchange. The kids come to America and are fully engrossed into our language and culture. It is a learning vacation. She stayed with us from the 12th and left yesterday the 31st. She was a sweet young lady and will be missed.
In addition to Laura, we were called on the 16th and given a little boy, Christopher and his sister Amber. We are a licensed Foster Home, but are catagorized as a FostAdopt home. Which means we want children to adopt. SO we are hoping to start the adoption process in six monthes. We really love these kids.
Right after we got all the kids, we went on our family summer vacation. It started sleeping on a boat in San Francisco at Pier 39. Then on to Clayton to visit a long time family friend, the Carter's. From their house we went to Fairfield to the Jelly Belly Factory. We all had a great time there and on the boat. On Monday we headed home, for a short stay and to do laundry.
Tuesday we headed for Los Angeles to visit with our friends the Scott's. We stayed at their house for one night and then headed to San Diego. We then spent two days in Sea World, having a great time. It was Laura, Christopher and Amber's first times there. We saw all the shows and really did the tourist experience!!
Thursday about 630 we headed home. I had to be at work at 7 on Friday. We got home around 130 in the morning and everyone went straight to bed. Luckily I only had to work one day and then had three days off. We bascially vegged all weekend and hung out at the Gilbert's house and went to the Thomscon/Fyfe wedding reception.
Now that it is August, school starts in 24 days. Am I counting down? You better believe it! They are all bored and need to go back to school!! I do not have another vacation until the week of Thanksgiving and I am anxiously awaiting that week.
2 comments:
I'm glad I came across your blog. I miss your family in the 3rd ward and love to hear all the updates from everyone. You have a busy, crazy, but very loving family. I miss Becca, but just left YW, so, oh well!
I will keep reading your blog!
Post a Comment