Well this morning all of our kids started school. Christopher and Amber at Cole, ReAnna at Alta Sierra and Rebecca at Buchanan. Everyone was running around this morning being grouchy because we were all panicking.
First to drop off was ReAnna, so we dropped her off right by her first class. We walked her classes yesterday and she has some distance to go to get to everyone today!! Crazy!! She is going to be very tired tonight.
Next we dropped off Rebecca as close as we could get to her first class. Richard walked her classes and found her locker for her on Friday. He says she has a considerable walk also. Plus she has PE Band every day!! She thought her legs were sore during band camp. Wait until she has been doing PE band every day and night practice Tuesdays and Thursdays. She will be going to mutual at another ward, because she will not be able to make it to our ward's the first few monthes because of these night practices.
Christopher was next and he was acting very nervous standing in line. There were four kids from our ward in his class, so at least he has some familiar faces. We stayed until the teacher took the kids to her class, then we went to finalize their registration!!
Amber has afternoon kindergarten, so I dropped her off before I ran to work. I took a half day so I could help everyone get ready for the first day of school. She was an easy drop off. I stood with all the parents watching them play and waiting for the bell. She was so happy to finally to go into class. She waved Good bye and said I love you! It was funny to watch some of their parents document their child's first day of kindergarten in pictures and videos. One father followed his son around with a video camera until his son was inside the classroom.
When we dropped ReAnna off people were pulling over to take pictures of their new seventh graders in front of the Alta Vista sign. Strange.
I take a picture of them before they leave for school and that is it. Power to the parents that have the energy and memory to grab the camera and take it with them for the drop off. I am not looking forward to all the paperwork I have to sign and fill out tonight!! They need to let us just do an online form. It would be so much easier!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment