Take your time!

Take your time and see what we do. I love to post stories, lyrics, videos, pictures, etc. Anything that I think someone else would like to read. I vent and I rant, but it is all in good fun!

Monday, August 11, 2008

Weekend and craziness!

This weekend was crazy. Again!! I was awakened at 3:00 am to Amber saying she had a bad dream. I put her back to sleep and gave her the "Mommy Cure for Nightmares." Unfortunately my mommy power has a low power right now, due to the fact I have not had to use it since ReAnna was 3. That was a long time ago!! So I put her back to bed, at 3:45 am, with every stuffed animal I could find, to "protect" her from the bad dreams.
Then at 7:30, Christopher is waking me up, asking if he can go outside and play. I told him no and to go back to his room and be very quiet. 7:35 he is playing his radio, "quietly" but I can hear it perfectly in my room. I go in there and tell him to turn in off and get back in bed. Ten minutes later, I hear him playing with his cars. Plus Amber is in his room helping him make car noises. Richard got up and told them all to get back in bed and wait until Mom and Dad got up. Saturday is our day to sleep in. That gave us another 45 minutes sleep. I am just going to put them to bed at midnight on Friday nights!!
After breakfast, all the kids helped Richard make enchiladas for dinner that night. Each had a job and the worked as a group in a assembly line. ReAnna dunked the tortillas in sauce, Amber put on the cheese, Christopher the meat and Rebecca rolled them and put them in the pan. We ended up with two pans of beef and one pan of chicken.
After that was done, we all went over to Uncle Dan and Aunt Shari's to swim. We hung out with them until about 3:45, swimming and watching Madagascar. We saw it in theater when it first came out and I fell asleep watching it there. Stretched out on three or four theater seats! My knee was hurting, so I took some pain meds and fell asleep watching the movie. Apparently I did not miss much back then. I so do not like that movie. I like the Move It song, but that is it!
Dan and Shari came for dinner and we all had the enchiladas. Unfortunately, ReAnna said they were spicy, so Amber would not eat them. We keep telling ReAnna to think before she says anything, but somewhere in her head, that switch is on the off position. She will figure it out. Soon, I hope!!
I spent most of Saturday and some of Sunday finishing laundry. I washed clothes on Sunday only because, Rebecca brought me three HUGE baskets of clothes. Apparently she has been hording her dirty clothes upstairs in her room! We had a talk with her and that will not happen again.
Also on Saturday, I went through Rebecca and ReAnna's closet and drawers to clear out all the clothes that do not fit or are too old. I filled 4 large garbage bags!! Plus some shoes. The past three or four loads of clean laundry I had sent upstairs to be put away, was tossed into the closet. Clothes they had not seen in a long time, was under all the shoes they tried to cover it up with. I spent two hours in their room!!
Sunday we moved ReAnna downstairs to share a room with Amber. Amber is afraid to sleep alone, so ReAnna had been sleeping down there since she came to us. The room is now officially ReAnna and Amber's girly room. We put up ReAnna's Tinkerbell posters. We need to get some for Amber, but that will have towait until Saturday.
Rebecca has band camp this week and because Richard and I are the fundraiser chairs for the band and color guard, he has to be there to facilitate the pizza lunch fundraiser.
OH!! On Wednesday from 5pm to 8pm at the McDonald's on Willow and Nees, if you eat there between those times, the Buchanan Band and Color Guard gets 20% of the profit! SO come eat with us and tell all your friends!!!! We are hoping to raise $2000!!!

No comments: