Take your time!

Take your time and see what we do. I love to post stories, lyrics, videos, pictures, etc. Anything that I think someone else would like to read. I vent and I rant, but it is all in good fun!

Friday, August 29, 2008

First week done, well almost

It has been crazy at my house!! Between getting the kids ready for back to school, Back To School night, fundraising stuff and Richard working for Kresta this week, we have been running around like crazy people!!
Since Richard and I are the fundraiser co chairs for the Buchanan High Band & Color Guard Booster Steering Committee, we are in charge of getting, preparing and distributing every single fundraiser we want to do for the kids. So far we have one set up every month sometimes even thre that month. I just want the kids to have the opportunity to earn the money so that they can do what they need to be able to participate in band or color guard. I have never gotten so many emails in my entire life. I have 175 on the email I use for boosters. Crazy!! Crazy!
The kids are getting into the swing of things and adjusting to being back at school. Each is new to the school they are in. But they seem to be loving it alot! Homework already and everything!! ReAnna seems to be really liking junior high and the same for Rebecca. Rebecca now hangs out with all the kids she goes to church with and mutual with. I am so happy about that. Her old friend from last year, spent most of the end of the year ditching Rebecca and is now mad that she does not hang out with her. She is mad that Rebecca is hanging out with "her people", that is what she calls the Mormons Rebecca is hanging with. I think she is just mad that Rebecca got tired of her and plus that she is hanging out with Upper Classmen and they like Rebecca. She went to her first dance and had one boy digging for her shoe, so he could have the last dance with her!! Not sure if I should be happy or go beat him up. :)
I got an message on my myspace account from my little sister last week. We talked through emails and the girls are going to call her kids on Saturday to talk to them. My therapist said this is a good thing and she is glad that I am being cautious. She knows I want contact with my family and totally supports me on this. It is hard though, I have not talked to any of them in over 5 years. They were not the greatest family when I was growing up.
I know people say that all the time, but trust me, they are the meaning behind dysfunctional. My mother favored my little sister and twin sister openly and my dad favored his oldest daughter and son, openly also. I was always the stupid one and the ugly one and any other insult they could think of. My sisters would blame me for everything and I would get hit with the stick or made to clean up their mess. Whenever my father needed help, my mother would send me, so when I was not fast enough or smart enough I would get yelled at and hit. I use to sit around and wonder why I went through what I did and why did God hate me so much? Was I not suppose to live and is that why everyone hates me?
Well, when we were going through our training for foster parents, I got my answer. Like a big huge donk on the head from God! Here you go dorka!! Here is why you went through what you did, because their are children going through what you did and you can help them. I understand more why now, and I wish there were more people out there that can help these kids. No on deserves a horrible childhood, I didn't, but I learned from my childhood. I know how not to be and how to be. I love you in my house got me a What do you want now? response.

Enough for now!! Type more updates later!!

No comments: