Yesterday after we were done grocery shopping and about 2 blocks from our house, I get a phone call. The caller ID says it is Rebecca, but the person on the other end of the phone is Rebecca Color Guard Team Captain. Rebecca was having a panic/asthma attack after running a mile. So we turned right around and rushed to get her my inhaler.
I met her captain on the side street and she took me to Rebecca. They were about half a block out in a field. She was sitting on the ground hypervenilating and crying. Her face was bright red and blotchy. She has a doctor's note so that she is excused from running, but Sean the instructor keeps yelling at her to run. Does he not understand what the doctor wrote? I am beginning to wonder.
I calmed her down and then took her to the van. When she got home, she went to lay down on our bed so that the kids would not bug her. She barely got 5 hours sleep the night before, because she waited until the last minute to do a project for school due Tuesday.
Amber and Christopher were parnoid that she was going to die. I took Amber in to see her after Christopher had already seen her. She climbed on the bed and gave her a hug and kiss and told her that she loves her. As we were leaving my room, Amber asked if she could pray for her to get better. So I let her and she did a sweet short prayer for Rebecca. Amber felt better after that.
Both the kids ask everytime to pray when it is time to pray. They seem to really like doing that. I just need to come up with some FHE that are quick and age appropriate for them to teach them how to be reverent during sacrament and how to act like Jesus everywhere else. It is a struggle, but they are learning, slower then I hope, but at least they are!
No comments:
Post a Comment