Take your time!

Take your time and see what we do. I love to post stories, lyrics, videos, pictures, etc. Anything that I think someone else would like to read. I vent and I rant, but it is all in good fun!

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

18 years

As I sit here at work, I think back to when I first started with this company. 

On 10/12/1992, I walked through the doors of the Operator Assistance building on Foxworthy Avenue in San Jose, CA.  Was I scared?  Yes!  I had left my job of 3 years at Sears, I was terrified.  What if I could not hack it?  What would I do?

Well I made it and have been there for 18 years yesterday!  Hard to believe that it has lasted that long!  I have been through two name changes.  We went from Pacific Bell, the SBC California and now AT&T.  I worked in Operator Assistance on Foxworthy, then Directory Assistance on Burdett and when that office closed, I headed to Fresno and to Directory Assistance on Van Ness and now at Construction and Engineering on Olive!   

I celebrate this anniversary by thinking back of all I have accomplished and all I would not have if I had chose to not take the job when they called.  I guess I am grateful and happy to have this job and all the stuff that comes with it!

No comments: