I never thought that I would be happy that a weekend is over. Normally I cherish my weekends and just can not wait for them. This past weekend was the first WBA competition of the season. There are more to come!
Our weekend started on Friday with 20 teenagers in my backyard, a dj and lots of food. It was Rebecca's 16th birthday party! There was dancing and yelling and of course screaming. You can't have even 2 teenage girls in the house without screaming. I think that is how they communicate! Sort of a teenager tribal ritual! Not sure if their dancing was what us adults would call dancing. To me it looked like a bunch of jumping and shaking. More like a convulsion than dancing. Odd, but they enjoyed themselves, that was the important part!
Saturday was our first WBA competition in Modesto! Long drive and tons to do when we got to our destination! We got there about 2 hours before the kids and started cooking! We had everything ready including the coffee for the parents when everyone finally arrived.
During our performance I waited on the sidelines to fold up the mat and run it off the field. I think we did fine at that, but I did not appreciate the color guard girls yelling at the parents while we were helping them. I don't go for that. You may yell at your parents in your home, but do not yell at me. So I may have to bring that to the Learning Directors attention.
Though I do still cherish my weekends, I will cherish them more when marching season is over in November!! Then all I have to do is help with the Gift Wrap Booth! YEAH TEAM!!!
GO BEARS!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment