Here it is Friday! The week is over! My first official week of overtime is done, well almost! This week has been an interesting one.
Started with Monday, which I still do not understand the point of that day, and a meeting with the band director, color guard instructor and learning director. Nothing really came out of the meeting except that Rebecca knows we did all we could to stand up for her. We decided to start fresh from that day and hope and pray that her instructor treats her better and all the other girls too.
Tuesday was the first overtime day for me. It is amazing what you can get done when you have an extra two hours to work on stuff! Spent most of it by the printer and computer. My office is finally understanding what "paperless" really means and I am converting paper jobs into PDF files and loading them into a computer program that can hold millions of jobs and all their information.
Wednesday Christopher had minor surgery. We had to wait to get it done until he was adopted. Medi-cal would not pay for the procedure, so they had to use mine. He and Richard came for my lunch and the ladies here at work were so impressed at his manners and politeness. They gave him candy and he was very happy. He like chocolate almost as much as his dad!
Thursday I chaperoned the Church YM/YW musical practice. Sat there with Sister Herbold and talked and she gave me some good advice on medications for ReAnna to try. Rebecca has a speaking part for the musical and acting also! Can't wait! Come out and see her! Found out the kids have to wear black socks instead of shoes to avoid the clomping of 200 pairs of feet. So ReAnna has to stay on the bottom row because if she is having one of her clutsy days, she can get hurt and so can anyone around her.
Here it is Friday and my day has barely started and I am already thinking about the tailgate tonight at the Buchanan vs. Clovis West game tonight! Mmmmm BBQ! That totally sounded like Homer Simpson in my head! There is no band practice tomorrow that I know of, so hopefully we can catch up on our sleep.
I am so tired working all the overtime, but I know that in the end it will be beneficial. Especially with the holidays just around the corner. It will help us out of some tough money problems! The Lord works in mysterious ways and the overtime is an answer to our prayers. Especially while Richard is trying to find a job.
Enjoy your weekend! I know I will!
No comments:
Post a Comment