This Saturday was GSTOB or Golden State Tournament of Bands. It is run by Clovis Unified and it is a band competition for any school that wishes to participate. It was in Lamonica Stadium which is Clovis High School. The Clovis East Band Director has been in charge of it for the past several years I am told.
This year Buchanan Band Parents volunteered in our normal areas. I ended up in concessions for the entire event. It was crazy. They were all Clovis East Parents and none of them knew what they were doing. Their band director did not give them any information so that they would be prepared. They kept blowing circuits with their 150 foot extension cords. Luckily having picked up some tricks from Richard and my many stints at the Buchanan Home Game Concession Stands, I was able to lend my expertise and help them out. It seemed like I was there to help, but I ended up being the Concession Stand Guru that night.
I told them that everything is a learning experience and to not feel bad. After all it took me three years to figure it all out! And I only have like 12 more to go! I just hope that someone says something to their band director and he apologizes to them for not giving them enough information!
No comments:
Post a Comment