This weekend was filled with alot of heat and thunder and lightning. Strange weird weather. We went to the Cox's and got more of the wood chips they want to get rid of! I have 8 XXXL buckets full. Crazy! Then we went to get some stuff for our upcoming camping trip with the Comstocks this coming weekend. Then we had the Cox's over for dinner. Chicken fried steak. Mmmm!
Sunday was church and we read scriptures and watched various recorded cooking shows. Pretty much a laid back relaxed weekend!
We finished Mosiah and Alma 1-31 in the primary reading challenge. At the rate we are going 32-64 in Alma should be done in a few weeks, then on to Helaman!
Friday was one of the saddest days in a long time. Our friends the Van Nortwick's buried their 37 year old son. He died Monday of a heartattack, leaving behind a wife and two young sons. We went to the graveside service. There was alot of people there and it was HOT! Dillion their youngest grandson came right over and gave Richard a hug. Tom brought us water. Richard was very touched that Dillion came over just to give him a hug.
When Richard told Lurane about it, she said that he was going to be a very important part in Dillion's life. When she said that, this house that we have been looking at, popped into his head. It is in the same neighborhood as the Van Nortwicks. So we are going to take another look at trying to buy it. It is undesirable to most, but to us it is perfect and has so much potential! It is exactly what we need for our family of 7. So pray that we can get it and everything will fall into place for it and the restaurant.
Love you Tana, Phu, Anne!!
4 comments:
That name Van Nortwick sounds very familiar to me but I don't know why. I am so sorry for what this family is going through.
Tom and Lurane Van Nortwick of the North Stake. Lurane is the relief society president for Peachwood Ward and Tom is in charge of the Young Men. They are great great people!
Love you too, Rhonda! I will pray you get that house!!
I did not know about the Van Nortwick's Loss, until this very moment. My heart goes to Sister and Brother Van Nortwick. I know that they must be filled with much grief and loss. I am so sorry for them. Thank you for your love in your blogs mentioning and keeping far away sisters like me tuned to the heavens so that I may know what is going on in our beloved Peachwood Ward. I love you all, Sister Rhonda. I will Pray for the Van Nortwicks. PS, is this son that just passed to go spend Eternity with our Heavenly Father the Father of JD, I think his name was --JD in the Cub Scouts that my "Assistant Cubs Scout's Leader," Calling was in? --Tana
Post a Comment