Our weekend will once again start with complete craziness!! Friday is our 3rd Annual Spring Concert Dinner. This is a fundraiser dinner that Richard started with the Buchanan Band when Rebecca was a freshman. This year we are having spaghetti and meatballs! Only $7 for adults and $5 for kids 8th grade and younger! I am excited about the possibility of making a bunch of money for the band, but I am not excited about the clean up. It seems that when the concert starts at 7, all of our help disappears. This year I am hoping that with a little diligence and thinking ahead, we can see the concert this year. The past two years we have yet to see the concert. :(
On Friday we are expecting Richard's sister and her fiance from Missouri. Richard was born and raised most of his life there and this is his oldest sister. We love visiting her and having her visit us! She is so much fun and not pretencious or hoighty toighty. Though I love his entire family, they accepted me just on the basis that he loved me. That was good enough for them!
Saturday is Amberlin's baptism and we are still tossing around the idea of having an open house style dinner to celebrate. It looks like it will happen, just not sure what to have. Richard wants to practice making large quantities of food like he will when his cafe opens this summer. :)
Sunday is Mother's Day and I am hoping that we have Chicken Wraps, Shrimp Bisque and Stuffed Mushrooms for my Mother's Day dinner! Mmmmmmmmm!!!! Though Steak sounds awesome, I really like his chicken wraps! Oh and a fancy garden salad! Yummy!!!!
What are your plans for this weekend and are they as crazy as mine?
No comments:
Post a Comment