Take your time!

Take your time and see what we do. I love to post stories, lyrics, videos, pictures, etc. Anything that I think someone else would like to read. I vent and I rant, but it is all in good fun!

Monday, May 2, 2011

Weekend, weekend

This weekend started far earlier then I would have liked!  It was Mormon Helping Hands at Roeding Park this Saturday.  The entire Stake was out there cleaning up the park.  We got there a little late and we scraped the rust off the bbq's inour area and Heritage Wards and then repainted them black.  Some of them were so rusted it is a miracle they are even still standing.  The park was so clean and everyone was so dirty!  The city, I think, bought everyone pizza, 220 to be exact.  And the Roeding family was out there thanking us too.  It was awesome.

All that painting of the bbqs really got me craving some bbq of our own!  So we headed to the store to get bbq supplies.  We had my macaroni salad, baked potatoes, grilled zucchini, baked beans and steak.  With ice cream sandwiches for dessert.  Mmmmmmm!!  Then Sunday I was still in the mood for bbq, so we invited the Cox family over and had us some BBQ chicken!  YUMMY!!  We had baked beans and macaroni salad again, garden salad, zucchini, rolls, and bbq chicken.  With Chocolate Delight for dessert!  Yummy again!  

I am trying to have a better attitude this week so I am trying to find the best in every situation, even bad ones.  It is going to be one tough week.  My first reaction is to always get mad first, so trying to stop that from happening is not going to be easy, but I am going to try.  My kids are probably going to think that their mom was kidnapped by aliens and replaced with an alien lifeform in human body suit!   So if you hear my kids talking about tying me up, or some sort of experiement to remove the alien, please let me know!  Thanks!!  :)

1 comment:

Tana_S_ Beautiful World said...

Sister Fisher, I think you are awesome and brave. I can tell you- that I was raised by a mother who always always was angry- it the wind blew she would blow up. That taught me- until 3 years ago to always get mad easily first- I have honestly and successfully harness that-not to say that I never get frustrated, prideful or upset-I just now have a grip on reality and it is because of our Father in Heaven. You had me chuckling at you guys being dirtier than the BBQ pits- I also fell in love with your whole family for being a helping Latter Day Saint- I Love you all in that house, and even that doggie. My family itches to laugh, live, and spend more time with you guys. Angels you are- struggles in life we all have. I am so very grateful for Ward Sisters like you- Sister Fisher!