This weekend was another very busy losing our mind slowly weekend!
It started Friday with our 3rd Annual Spring Concert Dinner. We served Spaghetti and unfortunately the turn out was bad. The band director did not do alot to promote the dinner at all. We did manage to cover the costs of the food and them some. So it was not a total lose. Next year we are hoping to get a bigger turn out next year with it hopefully being at our school and not another school like it has been the past three years.
Saturday we spent most of the day getting the house cleaned and food cooked for the open house dinner for after Amberlin's baptism. It turned out pretty darn cool! It was a packed chapel for all seven primary children that were being baptized. The Gage family had the most in attendance, so they let them baptise their daughter first to make room for the others in the relief society room. All in all it was pretty cool. We had Phu and William as witnesses and Amberlin let go of her nose and took a breath just as she went under! Silly kid! Her confirmation circle was her dad of course, the bishop, Brother Malcolm, Brother Bartyn, and Brother Burton. Then they all came back to our house for a taco bar. It was really cool because everyone was so happy to be there and we were happy to have them there. Though some of our friends were out of town or sicker then dogs, they were there with us in spirit!! Tana and James let us borrow Phu and he was a GREAT help. Jumped right in and helped Rebecca clean up the kitchen before people got there and then played with the kids. The funniest part was when he forced himself to eat two helpings of taco salad. He said he was going to explode! LOL! He ran it off though, playing with the kids. He did however need a four sided lap to accomadate all my children wanting to sit next to him.
Sunday was Mother's Day and after church, I was pretty much spoiled! I got salsa and cream cheese and chips for an appetizer and then dinner was AWESOME!! Chicken Cordon Bleu, mushroom risotto, corn, crab stuffed mushrooms, home made rolls, shrimp bisque and strawberry pizza! Yummy yummy yum! The kids gave me hand made cards and art projects from school and church. I am very happy and glad that it was a good one. Got a little squished with everyone trying to sit by me and watch television. I needed the four sided lap.
Gonna try and have some fun this week and get ready for the mother daughter time this weekend while Richard and Christopher are at Father Son Campout to Commerate (sp) the Priesthood. And debating on having a surprise baby shower for a lady in my ward that is due next month!
1 comment:
Oh how I adore your family :) I love you guys so much, I truly do! It's a shame we soon will part, but I know we will meet again in the Heaven's. I am so thankful to have met you all, and I will NEVER forget any of your faces. :)
Post a Comment