Take your time!

Take your time and see what we do. I love to post stories, lyrics, videos, pictures, etc. Anything that I think someone else would like to read. I vent and I rant, but it is all in good fun!

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Weekend!

This weekend started with us doing something on Friday that I have no idea what it was! I know we watched the end of Star Wars Revenge of the Sith, but other then that, no clue what we did!

Saturday we started working on the garden by making the boxes and turning the dirt inside of them!  Luckily we already have tomatoes, squash, watermelon and cantelope growing.  We are going to have about a million tomatoes again!  I guess I will be learning to can tomatoes this year!  We planted carrots, bell peppers, jalapeno peppers, and eggplants.  We finished around 7 and headed to the store to get our dinner for Monday.  I went to help a friend with her computer and got home around 11 am!

Sunday was church and mexican food night!  Yummy! Unfortunately we overslept and woke up at 9am, the same time that sacrament starts.  We made it to second and third hour without a problem.  Later that evening we put up the net for vollyeball and badmitton on Monday!

Monday we worked more on the garden.  We planted corn and peas.  Plus we put in the sprinkler system for the garden and it was a continous run back to Lowe's for pieces that we found out we needed!   First we bought everything in 1/2 inch size, then had to go get plumbing stuff in 3/4 inch size.  Then I had to go back and get a coupling reducer!!  Stupid Home Depot!!  I totally prefer Lowe's!! 

Once that was done we started playing badmitton and getting dinner on the BBQ!  We decided on swiss cheeseburgers and tri tip!  With my macaroni salad, corn on the cob and sauted zucchini!  Rebecca kept mouthing off that the kids could slaughter the old ones at badmitton.  Boy was she sadly mistaken!  Then we ate and then switched it up boys against girls. Kept no score and it was fun!  The final serve was Richard and I going back and forth until Richard missed it! The kids thought it was great!! 

Tonight is our Ward Family Picnic!  Richard is making focaccia sandwiches, baked beans and corn on the cob. Not sure what Richard is making for dessert to share, but I know it will be good!!

1 comment:

Tana_S_ Beautiful World said...

Hurray for our Ward Picnic- Can't wait to stalk you Sister- YippeeeaaCia-Yeaaa!