Take your time!

Take your time and see what we do. I love to post stories, lyrics, videos, pictures, etc. Anything that I think someone else would like to read. I vent and I rant, but it is all in good fun!

Thursday, July 17, 2008

The Fisher Kids




This is the newest members of our family. Christopher is 6 and Amber is 5. We got a call yesterday at 4 pm telling us they would be in Madera by 5pm and if we were interested, we could have them. They are adoptable, but we need to have them more then 23 hours before we decide that.
They have an older sister Katy who is 8. We are hoping to have her come to live with us soon. Together they all seemed like a handful, but that is nothing that we can not handle.
It is so nice to have the rooms full and hear them having fun in the backyard. They are full of energy and run around like chickens with their heads cut off! That is normal for their age though. We both feel they need structure, boundaries and lots and lots of love.
Rebecca and ReAnna welcomed them with great love and patience. They were both very excited and happy. They are such loving and caring girls, I am very lucky. Christopher and Amber really like the fact that they have two more older sisters. ReAnna is totally ecstatic about having little siblings. Rebecca wants to do everything for them, but we are having her back off so that Amber does not learn to expect all the help. Rebecca read to both of them at their bedtime last night.
Richard is alone with them this morning and took them to the store with him. Christopher asked for EVERYTHING in Wal Mart, but only one thing in Save Mart. Typical boy and that is what he is. All boy!! Rough tough and mobile! And full of a million questions.
Amber is enjoying all the attention from the girls. She is a handful and can have a stubborn streak, but what 5 year old can't. She is a total tomboy! Very cute and smart. Both of them are!
They are already calling us Mom and Dad. Even referring to the girls as their older sisters. I am glad they are comfortable doing that.
We are hoping to be able to have visitation with Katy and have her bond with us also. That will make her transistion to our home that much easier.
Well, I will keep you all up to date on this new chapter in our lives! Thanks for reading!

No comments: