Take your time!

Take your time and see what we do. I love to post stories, lyrics, videos, pictures, etc. Anything that I think someone else would like to read. I vent and I rant, but it is all in good fun!

Friday, July 4, 2008

Lap Band

Well it has been five weeks since my surgery and I have already lost 25 pounds. The weight came off really fast the first couple weeks, but then it stalled. No weight loss, but there was a loss of inches. I can see the difference in how my clothes fit and how I look in the mirror.

Food is not too much of a problem, I can eat almost everything I could before. Sweet foods and drinks I can not stand anymore. So I rarely eats desserts or soda. I crave vegetables, salads and water. Sandwiches seem to be the hardest to eat. Tried the bread toasted and it got stuck. Felt like someone was running their nails down my throat. It hurt really bad and I almost threw up. SO I stay away from bread as much as I can. Drinking during dinner can be difficult. It causes me to fillup faster and if food is going down, it pushes it and causes pain.

Most people who do notice say they can see the loss in my face, which is normal for me. I also feel lighter and feel better about myself. It seems my self esteem is getting better and that I like myself better. I feel more like getting dressed and ready more now then before. It is no longer a hated morning ritual. Unless I am over tired, then it does not matter.

I have an adjustment on the ninth and I should be able to loss more weight after that. We have a wedding reception to go to on the 25th of July and I am hoping to have lost enough weight that is more noticable in my body and face. There will be people there that have not seen me since November of last year. I am looking forward to Christmas pictures this year!!

No comments: