Take your time!

Take your time and see what we do. I love to post stories, lyrics, videos, pictures, etc. Anything that I think someone else would like to read. I vent and I rant, but it is all in good fun!

Saturday, September 20, 2008

Our first home game!

This past Friday was Buchanan's first home game. Because I am co chairing the concession stand, I was there from 4:30 until about 9:30! It was so slow in the beginning, barely any customers. Right before half time and during half time, it was CRAZY!!! I had to walk all the way around to the visitor side to have the mom's over there check in!! I ended up working the second home side concession stand. We ran out of food before the middle of third quarter!! It was a mad house. Our next home game is October 3rd. I hope we have more food this next time! Iwas suppose to leave after the game was over, but had to run over to Me N Ed's on Willow and Nees for the after game party.
Nothing went right there at all. We were suppose to have pizzas ready and waiting for the kids when they got there. The cook would not make the pizzas until the kids got there. They waited like 45 minutes for their pizza!! Plus they charged us too much for the pizzas and we ended up only making $24. It should have been closer to $100. Richard is going back on Monday to talk to the manager and get it all straightened out. He was not there, so his employees did it wrong! All in all we had fun!
Today was the Pyramid build and they still do not have enough pyramids ready to paint. We need 28 of them! Plus we were serving the kids snow cones. Not alot of kids hung around for those. Julie bought 220 pounds of crushed ice and we barely went through 100! We will need to advertise it better!!
Their next game is in Bakersfield at Bakersfield High! Hopefully next time I will be able to get a picture of Rebecca in her uniform. The theme is egyptian, so she is suppose to look like an egyptian princess. I had to buy her fake hair because her hair was not long enough!! I never should have cut her hair!!!
Hopefully this week will be slower and more relaxing!!

No comments: