On Sunday night, Richard and I worked on the final touches of Rebecca's birthday party invitations. She has decided to do a dinner party. We will be having tri tip (cooked by Dan), potato salad, a vegetable, rolls and then cake!! Yum Yum!! She invited 27 people and I am hoping that only around 10 show up. We are getting a chocolate fountain from Target on Wednesday and all the supplies to get that to work. We tried to borrow one from Sister Abbott, but she returned it because it broke. Oh well, Richard the chocoholic, will be happy to own one!!
We made some very simple but elegant invitations. They are printed in a brown, cursive font on velium paper with a maroon ribbon lace through the top. She was very happy with them. One of her potential guests wants to learn how to make them for her 16th birthday party. We really need to get all of our invitation samples together, so he can have something to show people when I start my wedding planning business.
Her cake will look like minature snickers bars. Richard is going to use our mini loaf pans and make her cakes. She wanted cupcakes, but she decided the mini loaf pans would look better.
I still plan on getting her hair done and taking her to the concert. She still is clueless to it all!! I am glad she is not too nosey. She will be totally stoked. Is "stoked" even a word anymore?
We are just waiting now for the final head count for her party so we can plan the dinner effectively. We are doing it after the Priesthood meeting. I hope it all turns out great!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment