The last three days have been miserable at my house. Poor Riley has a runny nose and a fever that keeps coming and going. Tuesday she was just miserable, crying, cranky and very clingy. So I took a vacation day on Wednesday to try and get her into the doctor that morning. I called and they had nothing until the next day, so I took that day off also. Sleeping was horrible, she is hot and wants to snuggle so that she can feel better. Plus nursing was a nightmare, she could not breathe and cried when she tried to nurse because she was hungry, wanted breast milk and could not breathe to nurse. I did alot of rocking her asleep that night. She slept in my arms or curled up next to me. Richard took her for a little bit, but she wanted to nurse again, so the crying started again. When she cried, her nose got worse, so I rocked her until she calmed down and slept for a little and then she could nurse. Unfortunately she would not lay on her left side to nurse so getting her to nurse on that side was creative and interesting. She would stand on my lap and bend over to nurse on that side. Eventually she fell asleep with her back curled into my chest and her head on my arm and pillow. We gafve her some motrin and that helped alot.
Took her to the doctor on Thursday morning and she was hot and miserable. The doctor listened to her lungs and they were clear (yeah), looked in her ears and there was too much wax (boo), so he had to clean out one ear to see into her left ear. Low and behold, she has an ear infection in her left ear. Totally explains not wanting to lay on her left side. It was too painful. So she is now on Amoxicillian and she actually likes it! She sucked it right out of the medicine dropper. YEAH!! No fighting her to take her meds. She took three naps yesterday, she was tired. After her thrid nap, she was back to being the happy smiling Riley. She followed me everywhere with her little army crawl! It was GREAT! She only wanted to nurse until dinner and then she ate some olives, ravoli (spinach ricotta filled) and some fetucini noodles. She drank her watered down juice all by herself. Then during scripture study, she ate some Orange Banan Medly baby food. She does not get mad anymore when we wipe her nose. Unless one of her siblings do it and then she is PO'd!! She does not want them touching her face at all.
Last night she slept in her crib by herself for two hours and then it was time to nurse! She pushed herself away from me when she was done and slept on her back in between Richard and I. She would occassionally put out each of her arms one at a time to feel if we were still there with her. It was so cute!
She is pulling herself up on the couch and chairs and started to try to cruise the past few days. Richard walks with her around the living room and when she gets back to us, we all cheer and she just shines with her look of happiness. She wants to walk so badly now. She loves the cheers. Have we created an attention seeking monster?!?! I do not know, but I do know she loves attention and people, though don't ask to hold her, she is not up for that quite yet. My friend Shawna had to be at my house for over an hour before Riley let her hold her.
I am back at work today, Friday and tomorrow they are pruning in the vineyard. Rachel, Rebecca, ReAnna and Kaitlyn are going, and the rest of us are sleeping in. I pray that Riley will sleep in her bed for more then two hours tonight and that she will sleep in late tomorrow, which she normally does. I am just so tired and my back hurts from sleeping with her curled up next to me. She kicks my legs until I straighten them, she hates when I curl my legs up. I am glad the medicine seems to be working, I hate that she was in pain and just could not tell us.
1 comment:
I love how she puts her little arms on her Mom and Dad to know if they are still there. SO cute!
Post a Comment