A friend of mine of Facebook, poted on Facebook yesterday how a lady with a Coach purse was making her wait extra long in line at the grocery store because she as using WIC. What the heck?!?! The following comments completely insulted me and when my husband posted a very intelligent reply, he was attacked. He was told that we should have never had our sixth child and one even said she was tired of paying for hers and ours.
Why is WIC seen as a "Goverment Handout"? I am on WIC and the post made me feel ashamed and embarrassed. They all assumed that I am some money hungry scum bag who is stealing from the government. I have a job, I pay my taxes and I need a little help, so I swallowed my pride and asked for it.
WIC is a nutrition program that allows me to feed Riley nutrious food that I may not otherwise be able to afford. Baby food is EXPENSIVE!! I get help when I have questions about breast feeding and complete support to keep nursing Riley. What is wrong with that? Even if I was on Food Stamps, which is what they compared it to, I would not misuse it at all. Sure some people do, but most have a legit reason for needing the help.
Also what kind of member of the church would tell me that I never should have had Riley?!?! They don't know about all the years of trying and getting nothing or the miscarriages or the doctor telling us that Richard would never father a child and even with IVF it would be a 10,000 to 1 chance. Maybe they should say what they posted on Facebook to their Ward and see what the Bishop and members have to say about that.
Plus the one who said she was tired of paying for my children and hers. Her kids are all little and need to realize, I have been working for over 20 years, so my tax dollars paid for the hospital her children were born in, the school they attend, the teachers that teach them, the soldiers that fight for their freedom and do I complain, no. My tax dollars help people and that is all that is important. Do they look down on people in their ward that is on assistance from the church? Do they not pay their fast offerings and tithing? Maybe they should think before they complain because their fast offerings help others in the ward that they know and their tithing goes to help pay for the building that they and others use.
Some people only open their mouths to switch feet.
No comments:
Post a Comment